Freitag, 18. Mai 2012

Who could resist?

How have you been?
This week my mail days have been better than the last week :)
You already saw the mail I received on Monday, and the replies to the two letters from Abbye and Jennifer have been sent out on wednesday in the evening - amazingly, the letter to Jennifer already arrived in the UK! 
Letters to Jennifer and Abbye

Well, here you'll have to imagine a letter from Laura in the US, which I got on wednesday and I didn't take a picture of (and just realized now and now I'm too lazy), as well as my reply to her and two postcards I sent out for two guys at sendsomething. Imagined everything? Great :)

Here's my incoming mail of today!
A letter from F. in Italy

As you can see above, F. didn't use a real stamp this time.... but the post got confused with her address label on the back! As you can see, they thought it to be a stamp :)
Cute owl with a stamp cancellation

I also received a letter from Lucas from the US. Thank you!
Letter from Lucas

In order to send the letters and postcards of today, I had to buy new stamps. So, I bought these.
Sorry for the blurry picture...
And then the clerk (at the philatelic counter, of course...) offered me this stamp - now seriously, how could I resist? It shows the Sistine Madonna to celebrate the 500 years of existance. That stamp is HUGE! I don't know if I can bear to send it to someone... Well, I'll have to see.


In comparison to the other stamps... I don't know how you're supposed to get that huge paper on an envelope, yet that the stamp already is envelope-sized...



How have your mail days been? And would you also have bought the stamp?

Alles Liebe,
Caddi

16 Kommentare:

  1. That is a GREAT stamp--definitely a good purchase.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das Kaninchen auf dem Umschlag sieht aus wie mein Kaninchen! :D <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :) Siehst Du, jetzt bereist es schon die Welt :D

      Löschen
  3. I always love the envelope of the japanese sets, they are always so great.

    As for the stamp that is so impressive, its times like this it makes you wonder if you should start collecting.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, the envelopes are great, indeed.

      I already started collecting stamps :) The sad thing only is that I can't really bring myself to taking stamps of a letter I received because I think that it adds to the "personality" of the letter... Well, I'll have to see how to get stamps instead :)

      Löschen
  4. Woah you should just make a whole envelope out of that Sister Madonna stamp ^.^ that way you don't have to destroy the whole picture by removing it... or just keep it for yourself because it's so cool :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Lol, there's no way of me removing that stamp from there! I would send it as a whole of course :)
      I think I'll keep it for myself for a while before deciding what to do with it :)

      Löschen
  5. Wow... why don't we have stamps like that here?!? Sometimes we will have a big sheet with a few stamps as part of a picture, like that, but they are all self-stick, so I don't know that you could get the whole thing off... besides, the sheets like that are bigger than my writing paper!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I think you might get the whole thing off. Let's hope you'll get stamps like that one day, too. But I just checked on the USPS website and you do have some awesome stamps! I think I might add a section "Stamps I'd like to receive" to my blog lol. Like the Birds of Prey, or that Angel stamp you have, the one with a Lute (that was my childhood angel in kindergarden!), the butterflies, Weather Vanes, Bonsai trees.... You do have great ones :)
      Take care!

      Löschen
  6. Well, my mail days have been a little weak. I haven't received a letter since last weekend, but I still have hope things will turn around. The best thing of pen palling is the wait, right? About the stamps, the commemorative one of the the Sistine Madonna is wonderful! I would collect it and keep it to myself (at least this time), it's truly a gem!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Don't give up! I'm sure you'll get some mail soon! I think you'll also get a letter from Lucas, right? See? You have something to look forward to :) Actually I think it's even better if the wait is over and you finally receive something :)
      The stamp is beautiful, indeed!
      Take care!

      Löschen
  7. That Madonna stamp will make a good collection for every stamp collectors! It's just awesome! I hope my German pal will send me one too. :) Gotta keep my fingers crossed.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Que bonitos los sobres de animales =) y la postal del perrito me encanta es como el perro de mi novio ^^

    Besitos!!

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!