Freitag, 4. Mai 2012

A few unique and different envelopes

Hello fellow snail mailers!
How are you doing? I am good, I have three letters to send today!
But let me first show you the incoming mail of yesterday....
A letter from my host sister from the US who is graduating from University! I'm so proud :)
 and today:
A letter from Shelby in the US, who found me on sendsomething. She just started a blog, so check it out. I hope I'll see my letter there soon :)

Look at the stamps she used! By the way, I have a question: What's the difference between freedom and liberty? To me they seem very similar!

Coming to the outgoing mail....
This is a letter I already sent out yesterday, but didn't show: The answer to the letter Abbye sent me.
Letter travelling to Abbye.

Now on to the envelopes I made yesterday and today....
This one will be on its way to Jennifer in the UK very soon.
Letter to Jen

Letter to Jen

As always, I tried to match the colors of the stamp to that of the letter...

Next, I thought I'd use part of this map for the reply to Shelby.
Map of Europe

Front of the letter travelling to Shelby

Spring!

I have been looking forward to making envelopes with this paper! It shows colors dancing to music, you can see more pictures here. The colors on this envelope are dancing to the music of Charlie Parker, a song called Ornithology.
Letter to Steph.

Front of the letter to Steph.

Europa-stamp.

So, here you can see the three envelopes together - I really do like them and I hope they'll brighten your mailbox (even if the envelope going to Jennifer is not really bright and colorful...)
Envelopes
What do you think?

Alles Liebe,
Caddi

12 Kommentare:

  1. That spring stamp is gorgeous! I wish England had stamps like that... Can't wait to get your letter :) I'm happy to know that one is on the way to me :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :) As fast as they are travelling, you should get it latest on monday - so your no-mail-days will be over :)

      Löschen
  2. Fabulous envelopes - I particularly like how the stamp on the dancing colors corresponds so neatly with the envelopes.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I liked that stamp a lot, too! I had a hard time giving it away, but it just seemed to fit so good...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Löschen
  3. I love the envelopes but also the fact that most of the time you can match stamps too it too :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I really try to do so, I don't always have the same theme, but often enough a similar colour :) Luckily one can buy lots of different stamps in a lot here so I usually have a variety at hand,

      Löschen
  4. Love the envelopes all in different ways! I can't wait to see that color blast in my mailbox!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Caddi -
    Re: liberty vs. freedom - great question!
    Most people use them interchangeably. If you go back to the history/root of each word they used to mean very different things but now only scholars really try to make a distinction :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for the explanation :)
      I was really confused of seeing the two words both displayed on the stamps - as I didn't see any difference.
      Take Care!

      Löschen

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!