Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013

Stats of the Month - December and Stats of the Year - 2012

Soooo - who of you sent more mail than they received last year? I just counted the numbers and I did :)

But let's first talk about the mail of December. A bit late, but hey - I didn't get my mail from late December / early January until the day before yesterday :)
So, to keep it short, in December I received 23 letters, 2 postcards and 2 parcels and sent 15 letters and two packages. I spent 25,85 € on postage, which makes an average of 1,52 €. More than usually.

In the year of 2012 - starting in February, I didn't keep track of my mail earlier - a total of 544 items of mail went through my hands - counting both incomings and outgoings. Quite a lot! - at least for me, I don't know how much mail you handle ;-)

I sent a bit more than I received - 28 items more to be exact.

The bare numbers:
In 2012, I received 93 postcards, 157 letters and 8 packages.
In 2012, I sent 105 postcards, 174 letters and 7 packages. (Not counting the postcards / letters I sent from the USA - I didn't write the numbers down. I think we can safely say that that would be 2 more letters and around at least 20 more postcards I sent home to my boyfriend and family.)
In 2012, I spent 204,95 € on postage (again, not counting the money I spent on stamps while not being in Germany (France, Turkey, USA, Canada), which probably will add up to another 30 - 40 € at least...). It could have been worse surely.

And this is most of the mail I received in 2012:


So.... tell me: How do you store your letters from past years? And how high is the amount of mail you handle per year? And do you know how much you spend on postage yearly - or would you rather not know at all? ;-)

Alles Liebe,
Caddi

12 Kommentare:

  1. I store mine in a box similar to the size of yours, although I am looking to get a new box, not for 2013 but because this one I use now is full to burst. I also estimated that I spent £400 last year on mail and packages and postcards... Ah, I could have bought a new Ipad! xD

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Haha, I thought "Wow, I could have gone on a weekend trip at least!".
      Your letter is heading out tomorrow by the way - finally! Sorry it took me so long to answer - life has been a bit hectic around here :)

      Löschen
  2. I store my mail in little plastic bags, one for each penpal. And all these little bags are put in a big box. So far it's not full yet, my letters are tightly packed ;)
    I honestly don't know how much I spent for postage this year. But I rather don't want to know! XD It's money well spent, however.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ;) Good for you for being so organized! Yeah, I imagine that ziplocks would work great for storing mail as well! However, some people send letters in different sizes everytime which sometimes I wouldn't know how to pack them - so I guess there's no ziplocks for me there :(
      I totally agree with you - it's money well spent :)
      Also, happy birthday!

      Löschen
  3. I store my letters in ancient-style chest :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Aaww, that's amazing! Do you have a picture of it?

      Löschen
  4. At the minute, I store my letters in a folder and each penpal has their own section but it's getting really full. I think I might need to explore other options!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ah, I remember those days as well :) Any ideas on how to store them in future? I'm already a bit worried at the amount of mail which will pile up in the next years....

      Löschen
  5. Oh, you manage to keep stats. I tried a few times, and then I forget about updating.
    I keep my letters in big binders. It doesn't work that well, but so far I have four big binders, two with people who don't write anymore and two with current pen-friends.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yeah, I also forget to update sometimes, but it really helps me with figuring out how long I need to reply to letters and whom I already replied to - it makes most things a bit easier :)
      I used to keep my letters in binders as well!

      Löschen

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!